Friday, October 7, 2011

infoshphere influence

I feel like today you can not even step into a room without seeing a piece of technology. From someone's new iphone, to a new 3D television. I am being influenced from all this technology everyday, in many different ways. Now a days I can pull up any website on my phone or laptop and find new information that has been put on the internet. That information would not have been put into my head if it was not for technology. I can go to ESPN.com and find the latest news on any sports team in the country. Or I can go to CNN.com and find the latest articles on the upcoming presidential candidates. All this information is flooding my mind everyday, and widely affects the decisions i make throughout the day.
Today, as much as I would like to admit it, I am very dependant on technology. I could not get through any of my classes with out my laptop. I need  it for everyday, from writing papers, to checking homework that is due the next day. I do not thinks the technology itself defines a person or helps attribute to their personal identity but rather the information the person learns from them. This information shapes our way of thinking, and influences our every day life. I feel like almost every person is somewhat dependent on technology. Many of the skills that people used to have to learn like learning directions are now not necessary. They have become obsolete because a new program or app on the phone can do the same job more efficiently, with out any knowledge of the actual subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment